Friday, October 14, 2011

Baking For the Family, Copper's Cookies

We recently began buying the Hound Dawg puppy cookies to supplement his little pepperoni inspired treats.  He loves them!

Even though it was my idea to buy them, I think they are expensive.  They are good though, made with cane sugar, molasses, flour, spices and no weird unpronounceable things.  

The Dawg thinks they're yummy.  Well, the are yummy.  Yes, I did try them. (Yes, I am THAT person...)

This week, I needed to use up some applesauce and I thought dog cookies sounded like a wonderful thing to try.  I found a great Peanut Butter and Applesauce Dog Biscuit Recipe over at dogtipper.com.  So far Hound Dawg thinks these are pretty good too.  They are.  (Yes, I tried them too.  Hey, I made them.)  

I think convenience will still occasionally beat out economics in our future "dog cookie/biscuit buying versus baking model" but I'm very glad to have a fun, easy and fairly fast way to make wholesome treats for the pooch.  Overall, they truly are much less expensive than the store bought goodies and I like being able to cut whatever shapes I like.


The question might be asked, "Why go to this much trouble over dog treats?"  The answer, "We like that Hound Dawg!"  Plus, recently we did a not entirely scientific or well controlled experiment/taste test with the Dawg and he pretty definitively told us he likes his cookies.  


Judge for yourself:


7 comments:

  1. That IS one appealing hound!!

    Great vid btw.

    f

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! I love it! Okay Fin it is time to come home!!! :) Instead of Oatmeal cookies for hubby she has gone to "yummy" (quoted from the women herself) puppy treats. So glad you are taking such good care of the baby though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big smiles here! Scooter Pie wants to know if you do mail order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very cool dog. He was completely cooperative and behaved like he understood the whole thing.
    Great video

    ReplyDelete
  5. He definitely seemed very appreciative of the cookie! He was particularly well behaved for the experiment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good doggy!! Cute cookies too! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Darling for shooting the video! He is a good ole boy.

    Lu, too true. It's kind of scary, huh?

    Intelliwench, I would have to make some cute dainty ones for Scooter Pie.

    JohnO, thanks. Fin gets credit for getting it on film. That's a funny old dog isn't he!

    fragilewisdom, oh he does love them.

    Mom, only wish he could be a good doggy when he comes to see you. ;)

    ReplyDelete