Friday, May 6, 2011

A Song for Garden Season

Here in South Mississippi it's garden time and outdoor activities are eating up a great deal of my time. I'm really pleased with the progress, the garden is shaping up to be the best I've had yet.

This week I'm traveling around to different library branches in our library system with my local Extension Agent, my good friend Stephanie, and we are doing gardening storytimes. I do the storytime and then we make a little growing project using recyclables. FUN! The kids are having a hoot. They love the craft.

In my preps I was looking for David Mallett's "Garden Song" (the Arlo Guthrie version is my favorite) and ran across this youtube. It's perfect for those of us trying to do things a little more naturally.



Curiously, and not to sound prudish, but why do you think this guy isn't wearing a shirt during the filming of his video?

After further thought, I guess I should just be glad that he is wearing pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment