Monday, February 14, 2011

Homemade Valentine's

Quick check in this morning.  I hope everyone has a pleasant and non-depressing Valentine's Day.  In my personal world view on V-Day I like to remember that love is not just about romance.  I have plenty of people in this world that I love.

Today, tokens of my affection are glazed sugar cookies.  I just sampled one and I must say, Yummy.  Plus, I'm tickled err, tickled pink about how they turned out.

If anyone is looking for a cook sugar cookie recipe, take a gander at this one. Also, I roughly followed this glaze recipe. However, word of warning, you will definitely need double or triple the amount of one recipe if you are making a full batch of cookies.

Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

  1. Those look pretty and I bet they are delicious. I'm with you- Valentine's Day isn't just about couples and I love many people and wish them all a wonderful day today-

    I hope your day is special and it looks as though you are going to brighten the day of many :)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I have to say, they were pretty yummy. Much better than those hugely sweet things from the store. I hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the cookies and will attempt them myself soon. Including the glaze. Might get my grand babies in on the act? As for love, I agree with you both.. as you both know *waves at Lori too*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggs, I was told by someone this morning that they liked these cookies better than some similar from a well known local bakery. It's a good recipe, not too sweet.

    ReplyDelete