Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Beginning...

Here we are at the beginning of a new blog. For starters, I'll go ahead and say this blog will be a mix of products I find interesting and practical, recipes that work for me, and will reflect my overall philosophy (and evolving philosophy) on all things food.

For the rest, I'll repost the text you'll find in the column to the right because after all, I wrote that blurb to be a snapshot of the blog. Why redesign the wheel?

Somewhere between Foodies and Fast Food Junkies and somewhere between Gluten-Free-Veganites and Chocolate-Dipped-Deep-Fried-Twinky-ites there must be moderate ground for those of us concerned with the industrialization of food, interested in local food, conscious of the limitations of the local food movement, and looking for realistic healthy alternatives to the plethora of processed and prepackaged convenience foods lining the isles of the supermarkets. As I love food and garden (the ultimate in local food) as much as a full-time job and community commitments allow, I’m very interested in all things food. While I don’t have the commitment of the Foodies, I have a passion for exploring an ever expanding food landscape and try to do so in a way sustainable to a woman working full-time, commuting 250 plus miles a week, with a significant other whom we will term “Steak and Taters Guy", and living 50 miles from the nearest Whole Foods Market. Thus, I am on a journey to discover the Practical Omnivore.

I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy writing it, welcome.

6 comments:

  1. Locavores of the world unite. !!! As in so many other things, I am with you on this Bethany!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Locavore, I'm so glad you stopped by. It's so encouraging to have a comment on a new blog! And, I'm glad the first was from an old friend. I look forward to hearing your input as thing go along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wonderful! I love this and can't wait to see what you share. I definitely fit in here and have been thinking about something similar myself.

    By the way- have you tried almond flour? I'm in love- tried it this past week for the first time in some zucchini muffins and mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bethany :) Ohh I like this ! I write about nutrition and foods, and etc. but not all consolidated in one place

    , nor at one time. lol. It's scattered and random with whenever it pops into my mind.

    Fin left your url to 'here' in my comment section, but I found you via your main blog link. :)

    Lori up there is making me hungry with those almond flour zucchini muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hungry -- and dreading winter -- already! Looking forward to more great reading from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wiz, glad you stopped by. I haven't tried almond flour yet. I saw some in the store last week and almost picked it up. I'll have to give it a whirl. The muffins sound wonderful!

    Sunny, so glad you came by. Food is an interesting topic isn't it?

    Intelliwench, thanks. Since I live so far south my garden is still in the midst of gardening. So, winter seems a bit farther off to me than to some. :)

    ReplyDelete